Now that you've integrated your autoresponder, it's time to put it to work. We do this by creating 'rules' that will tell the MLSP system what to do when someone opts-in to one of your done-for-you campaigns.
There are two types of rules we can create: Global Rules, and Campaign Rules, both of which we will walk through below.
Creating Global Rules
A 'Global Rule' is a rule that will be trigger when someone opts-in to ANY of the campaigns you promote from MLSP. Think of it as a catch-all rule. For example, if you wanted to create a list of people that opted in to any of your campaigns that you promote, you would want to use a global rule.
- To create a global rule, navigate to Account -> My Integrations and click on Add Global Rule.
- A popup will appear. Select the event you would like to trigger this rule. In this case you have two options:
- Contact Created: Whenever a contact is added to your MLSP CRM. This can be done whenever someone opts in to an MLSP campaign OR, if you connected a service like Funnelizer to add contacts to the CRM, that would trigger the rule as well.
- Contact Created From Campaign: This rule would ONLY be triggered when someone opts in to an MLSP done-for-you campaign.
- Once you select the event, you can choose the integration you want to use (most likely your autoresponder that you already integrated).
- Depending on the integration you choose, you will have options on what you want the rule to do - for example, add them to a specific list? Add a tag? etc.
Creating Campaign Rules
Campaign rules are very similar to Global rules, however they are created on the campaign level. This is VERY powerful and EXTREMELY flexible. What this means is you can create rules for each individual campaign you promote, add users to different lists or tags based on those campaigns so you can better segment your leads!
- To access your campaign rules, go to My Websites and select the type of campaign you are promoting.
- Click on the 'Campaign Settings' option for the campaign you are promoting, and click on the 'Integrations Tab'
- Click the 'Add New Rule' button to create a rule specific to this campaign!