As this is your business center, connected to your merchant account, from time to time you may have to issue refunds for a payment. It is quite easy to do so directly inside of your business center.
There are slight differences in terms of what happens when issuing a refund for a regular product payment, and a membership subscription payment, however the process to refund the charge is the same.
Refunding a Regular Product Payment
In order to refund a product payment:
- Navigate to the Payment Manager and find the payment you would like to refund. Click on the ID of the payment to access it.
- Using the 'Operations' dropdown, select 'Refund Member Order' and you will see a new window with some refund options.
- Full Refund: Checking this will issue a full refund for the amount paid
- Mark As Refunded: This is more for tracking and is used if you issued the refund via your merchant processor, or an outside processor. This is also the option used for chargebacks.
- Refund Minus Fees: Use this if you which to withhold some of the payment from the refund, for example if you charge a cancellation fee.
- Click the green 'Refund Member Order' button, and the refund will be processed through the connected merchant account
Refunding a Membership Payment & Cancelling a Subscription
Follow the steps above in order to refund a subscription payment. The main difference here is that it will NOT CANCEL the members subscription automatically.