Below are some critical options and settings you will want to consider once you've integrated your autoresponder and created your rules. It's up to you how you want to implement and adjust these settings, and it will be different for every use case.
Ignoring Global Rules
If you've created a specific rule for a campaign, you may not want that campaign to follow the global rule(s) you created.
For example, if I have a global rule that adds any lead from a campaign to a list, then I have a specific campaign rule that adds them to another list, they will be added to multiple lists at the same time. This could cause them to get multiple emails at the same time based on your specific autoresponder follow up settings. THIS IS NOT A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE.
MLSP allows you to turn off global rules at a campaign level to avoid this potential issue.
- Navigate to the campaign you wish to ignore the global rules and click on the 'campaign settings' icon.
- Scroll down to the 'Disable Global Integration Rules' option and set that to YES.
- Now, if anyone opts in to this campaign, it will only trigger the campaign specific rule and not the global rule!
Turn Off MLSP Followup
If you've integrated your autoresponder, created your rules and have your own followup emails in place, it's now time to turn off the MLSP default followup emails.
MLSP WILL FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR LEADS ON YOUR BEHALF UNTIL YOU TELL US NOT TO!
If you are ready to handle the followup yourself and turn off MLSP's followup:
- Navigate to My Websites -> My Campaign Settings
- Set the 'Share Lead Data with MLSP' option to NO
This setting can be turned on and off at a campaign level as well giving you complete flexibility for your campaigns, followup, and how you connect with your leads. Learn more here.